– IPCAs Library is an essential service support and encouragement to the study, teaching and research of the academic community.
– Preserve and broadcast bibliographical documentary and information resources in different areas of knowledge taught by the 3 Schools in IPCA – ESG, ESD and EST.
– Provide ways in order to personalize the users access according to their needs.
– Develop and maintain updated and accessible local databases, stating all the documentation available for reference in the Library;
– Provide all users the use of all their information resources;
– Cooperate with other libraries in order to share their information resources;
– Promote training and cultural context.
The documentary resources of the Library covers IPCAs courses:
– Public administration
In March 2016, the Library had approximately 12,062 printed monographs titles, 491 serials titles and 412 analytical.
The typology of documentary background is mostly the following:
– general and specialized reference works (encyclopaedias, dictionaries, statistics, etc.);
– Work-books and other bibliographies recommended by teachers in order to support the courses taught (thematic dossiers);
– Monographs (specialized funds belonging to different areas of knowledge taught in the IPCA);
– literature (final academic works, master’s and doctoral theses);
– Serial publications (magazines, newspapers …);
– creative works (literary, philosophical …).
The documents are classified and tidy with subtitles on the shelves. Students have free access.
How to find the documents on the shelves:
After consulting the catalog, go to the shelf and check the corresponding label.
0 – General. Science and Knowledge. Organization. Information. Documentation.
Librarianship. Institutions. Publications.
004 – Computer Science and Technology. Computing.
005 – Management
1 – Philosophy. Psychology
2 – Religion. Theology
3 – Social Sciences. Statistic. Policy. Economy. Trade. Right. Public administration.
Armed forces. Social assistance. Insurance. Education. Technology.
4 – (Class under review)
5 – Mathematics and Natural Sciences.
6 – Applied Sciences. Medicine. Technology.
7 – Art. Recreation. Entertainment. Sport.
8 – Language. Linguistics. Literature.
9 – Geography. Biography. History.
Document storage on the shelf:
Course of Administrative Law / Diogo Freitas do Amaral
CDU 342.9 / AMA d
Ex: Right – Quota: 34 (top side of the shelf)
Administrative Law – CDU: 349.2 (the corresponding shelf)