The mission of the Management School is to contribute to the development of society, stimulate cultural creation, research and applied research and promote reflective and humanistic thinking, providing areas of knowledge for the exercise of professional activities, namely:
- Students’ high qualification, particularly in the areas of Management, Accounting, Taxation, Tourism, Finance and Legal Sciences in their cultural, scientific, technical and professional dimensions;
- Production and dissemination of knowledge;
- Development of research activities and applied research;
- Provision of services to the community, enhancing regional development;
- Cultural, scientific and technical exchanges with other national and foreign institutions.
The activity of this school is oriented by ethical values, excellence in teaching and research, promoting the enhancement and transfer of knowledge, openness and participation in society and promoting the culture of merit and social responsibility.
The Direction is the body that represents, guides and coordinates the activities and services of the school, in order to give them unity, continuity and efficiency.
The director of the Management School is Professor Verónica Ribeiro.
Verónica Ribeiro graduated in Business Management in 1991 and Master in Accounting and Administration in 2004, also from the University of Minho; PhD in Business Sciences, Accounting area, in 2007, by the University of Santiago de Compostela.
She is also member of the Center for Research in Accounting and Taxation (CICF).