Teaching Assignments by Higher Education Institutions Teaching Staff and by Invited Staff from Enterprises
The teaching staff mobility action enables staff to spend a teaching period between 1 day – or at least 5 teaching hours – and 6 weeks at a higher education institution in another participating European country.
What are the objectives of staff mobility for teaching?
- To encourage higher education institutions to broaden and enrich the range and content of courses they offer;
- To allow students who do not have the possibility to participate in a mobility scheme, to benefit from the knowledge and expertise of academic staff from higher education institutions and from invited staff of enterprises in other European countries;
- To promote exchange of expertise and experience on pedagogical methods;
- To create links between higher education institutions and enterprises.
Who can benefit?
- The teaching assignments may be carried out by teaching staff of higher education institutions and invited staff of enterprises.
- In all cases, the activities of staff undertaking a teaching assignment should be integrated into the curricula of the host institution.
What arrangements have to be made?
- Teaching assignment mobility is based on inter-institutional agreements between the sending and receiving higher education institutions or an agreement between the higher education institution and the enterprise concerned.
- The teaching programme must be agreed in advance by all parties.
- In the case of staff mobility from an enterprise to a higher education institution, the mobility is arranged by an invitation of the higher education institution to the staff member of the enterprise.
How is the grant managed?
The grant provided to contribute to subsistence costs and to cover travel costs is always managed by the higher education institution.
Who can apply?
- Teaching staff must be from a higher education institution holding an ERASMUS University Charter.
- At least the sending or the receiving country must be an EU Member State.
How to apply?
- Teaching staff of higher education institutions is selected by the sending institution.
- Staff of enterprises is selected by the host institution.
- Teaching staff shall submit to their sending institution/enterprise a teaching programme agreed by the receiving institution. The plan must consist of at least:
- objectives and added value of the mobility;
- content of the teaching programme;
- expected results.